The Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW) is the official administrative body for the Suzuki Method in New South Wales and the ACT. It is the only such body in NSW and ACT endorsed by the International Suzuki Association. The main functions of STEAA(NSW) Inc are:
- To encourage the use of the Suzuki approach to music education by sponsoring or conducting conferences, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, etc.
- To maintain and improve the standards, understanding and teaching of the Suzuki Method.
- To provide teacher training and assessment of teachers leading to accreditation.
- To disseminate and publish information on the Talent Education movement.
- To maintain links with other Suzuki bodies nationally and internationally.
- The STEAA Council comprises teachers and parents who are elected at the Annual General Meeting. Any financial member is eligible for election.
Benefits of Supporting the Work of the Association
For anyone who is studying an instrument with an accredited Suzuki teacher, membership of the Association is compulsory. Benefits include:
- Access to the only accredited Suzuki teachers in New South Wales and the ACT.
- Supporting the training and professional development of your teacher
- Access to Suzuki events such as workshops, concerts, graduations and other special events, many with special guest tutors and artists from interstate and overseas.
- Quarterly Newsletter containing helpful articles and information on events.
- Opportunity to gain recognition by graduating via attaining internationally recognised, prescribed levels of the Suzuki repertoire.
- Free Parent Education lectures
- Becoming part of a national and international community of Suzuki families and teachers.
- 5-10% discount on merchandise purchased through Talent Sound Enterprises, the official retail arm of STEAA(NSW) Inc